Discipline of Frontline Fundraising
Our signature program enables frontline fundraisers to more efficiently and effectively raise major, principal and planned gifts.
Over a 10-month cycle, a cohort of frontline fundraisers engages in a combination of small-group workshops, individual coaching sessions, in-portfolio assignments and role plays. All activities are designed and conducted to allow new material to build upon previous sessions. Customized learning modules can also be added to the program.
- A Fundraising Culture. Development organizations adopt a set of mutually reinforcing values, communication practices, processes and assumptions that contribute to efficiently and effectively raising more money faster.
- Empowerment. With raised awareness about donor insights and philanthropic process, skills and tools frontline staff employ include:
- A repeatable fundraising process
- Powerful language and communication tools
- Facilitation skills
- Effective collaboration – both internally and with donors
- Accountability that motivates measurable and sustainable results
- Increased number of gifts at higher average gift amounts
- A balanced – strategic and interpersonal – approach to fundraising
- A more cohesive, confident and effective team
- More satisfied donors
Typical Workshop Sequence
- The Donor Engagement Process
- Qualifying and Trust Building
- Shortening Solicitation Cycles
- The Giving Formula
- Fundraising Priority Impact Statements
- Opening and Closing the Gift
- Role Play
- Portfolio Management