In preparation to launch a 5-year $3.25 billion campaign, Duke engaged Plus Delta to help create a culture of fundraising across the institution that would include a common methodology, language and approach to the challenge the team had in front of it.
- At the time of the campaign, there were a significant number of new gift officers on board with varying degrees of development training.
- The centralized advancement function didn’t have staffers dedicated to training.
- Duke needed to provide real-time help to their team members so they could make immediate progress with the campaign.
Benefits & Results
- $5+ million fundraising return on the initial investment by the end of the first 10-month engagement.
- More than 70 gift officers have gone through the Discipline of Frontline Fundraising (DFF) program and are now more disciplined and aligned with their fundraising efforts.
- Real time results with better integration, camaraderie, and collaboration among fundraisers across schools and units.
We began working with Plus Delta in 2012, just prior to the launch of a $3+ billion campaign, and they have been instrumental in helping us realize significant year-over-year increases in our fundraising results. More than 70 Duke gift officers have gone through the Plus Delta DFF program --enabling our fundraisers to develop a common discipline and approach to the art and science of fundraising.
Ann Gleason, Senior Assistant Vice President, Individual Giving